19 Things Your Cat Probably Does If He’s More Dog Than Cat
My cat was definitely meant to be a dog. Tom still can’t believe just how canine he is and to be honest I can’t either. I’ve heard a few people say the same about their own cats too, so I thought I’d compile this fun list for a bit of light Sunday morning reading.
- He greets you at the door when you get home from a long day at work
- He actually sleeps in his pet bed
- He carries his favourite toy around in his mouth and growls if you try to take it from him
- He understands certain words (my cat Malley knows the word ‘spider’ and whenever I say the word his eyes instantly start to dart around trying to find it)
- He gets excitable when you put music on
- He responds to commands such as ‘sit’ or ‘lie down’
- He watches the television
- He actually comes to you when you call his name
- He drinks from the toilet!
- And from the tap…
- He follows you around the house like a lost puppy
- He’s needy and begs for attention. All. The. Damn. Time.
- He plays with shoes
- He licks your face and nuzzles your ear
- He loves a belly rub (100 bonus dog points if your cat likes this)
- He plays fetch
- He hates other cats
- He begs at the dinner table
- He just loves to be with you
Malley does pretty much all of these with the exception of the belly rub. I wouldn’t dare try to tickle his belly for fear of losing my hand!
Did I miss anything off? 🙂