Super Easy 2-Ingredient Pizza
I’ve been waiting for this day, the day I could make pizza that I could eat without an ounce of guilt – well, not nearly as much anyway! All hail the 2-ingredient pizza dough! I discovered this on the internet last week whilst looking for clean eating recipes and finally got round to giving it a go.
This recipe allows you to make a delicious pizza dough using just Greek yoghurt and self-raising flour, but not only that, it’s instant. No need to let the dough sit as it can be put in the oven to bake immediately. Perfect for a quick, guilt-free (nearly) week-night treat, and it tastes amazing!
Here’s the recipe (makes 1 pizza, serves 2):
1. Mix 250ml of Greek yoghurt and 1 and ½ small mugs of self-raising flour (the recipe I used had the measurement in cups so I’m unsure how much flour this would be in grams however this seemed to work for me) in a mixing bowl until completely blended, if it’s too sticky add a little more flour.
2. Once blended remove the dough from the bowl and knead for about 8-10 minutes on a well-floured surface. You can then create your pizza shape (I found the dough cooks better if rolled quite thinly) and lay on a baking tray.
3. Brush your newly formed pizza base with a small amount of olive oil and add your toppings. For the above pizza, I used a tablespoon of tomato purée for my sauce base, sprinkled on some chilli flakes and added a few slices of mozzarella (half a 125g ball), sliced fresh tomato, sweetcorn and grilled chicken pieces. You really can add anything, though, bearing in mind that the more veg you include and the less fatty toppings you add the healthier and more nutritious your pizza will be.
4. Set your oven to 220°C and bake for about 10-15 minutes (keep an eye on it).
5. Once baked garnish your pizza with a bit of rocket it you wish and serve immediately. And there you have it – super easy healthy pizza!
Have you given this 2-ingredient pizza dough a try?